Chino Hills Barnes and Noble has tons of fun events for families such as: meet and greets, book readings and signings, and even art demonstrations.
My staff and I have had the pleasure of participating in 2 events at this location. There is always a great turnout and support from the community. Not only did we sell a bunch of books, but we were able to put a smile on tons of faces.
The Chino Hills staff are extremely friendly and the store is very inviting. Most of all, Amy, one of the managers, rocks big time! If you live in the Chino Hills area, please stop by their store and show your support! For more information about Broccoli Chronicles or Rock-a-bye Baby in Hawai’i, visit BN.com.
As a writing coach, it is imperative that I check-in with my readers to see if they are meeting their goals. This article is simply a follow-up to my original article which provided 6 basic tips to help Aspiring Writers (AW’s) get published. See below:
1. Write your story: Focus on setting, plot, character development, etc.
2. Join a writing group: Try to get constructive criticism and feedback from your peers.
3. Hire a developmental editor and/or a copy editor: Make sure your manuscript is polished.
4. Draft your query letter and synopsis: Spend some time condensing your 100 page manuscript into 1-2 pages.
5. Critique your query letter and synopsis: Hire someone to analyze your pitch and whether or not you immediately grab the reader’s attention.
6. Submit your query, synopsis, and manuscript to publishers: Purchase the ‘Guide to Literary Agents’ in order to research publishers in your specific genre.
Out of all of the 6 tips, the first one is the most exciting and the fourth one is the most difficult. Tip 2 is where you learn to have thick skin and tip 6 is basically where you play the waiting game. You submit your query to agents and pretty much wait around to see if one responds or not. (Most of them won’t respond at all. You’re lucky if you even get a rejection letter).
So…how far along are you? Are you stuck on a particular tip? Have questions?
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
Aspiring Writers Tip 1
Aspiring Writers Tip 2
Aspiring Writers Tip 3
Aspiring Writers Tip 4
Aspiring Writers Tip 5
Aspiring Writers Tip 6
In this current society, everyone wants to be successful regardless of the cost and toll it takes on their family and health. People are willing to work long hours with no breaks, no leisure activity or without the proper exercise. Writers spend most of their day building their brand, networking with customers, marketing their product, and so forth. It is important to maintain a healthy balance in your writing career especially if you’re expecting to keep up with this line of work for the long haul.
WHY SHOULD WE MAINTAIN A HEALTHY BALANCE?
1. To prevent burnout
2. To maintain your sanity
3. To maintain stability and longevity
4. To keep the creative juices flowing
5. To think clearly and logically
Making sure that you have a clear thought process and preventing physical and mental burnout will help you keep a positive balance in your writing career.
THINGS WE SHOULD STOP DOING?
1. Wearing too many hats without having the proper systems in place.
2. Neglecting time throughout the day to relax and reflect.
3. Putting your career before your family and your health.
4. Not surrounding yourself around the right people and support system.
5. Trying to achieve success too quickly.
It’s not healthy to put all of your energy into your work and never have anytime for family or to do fun and relaxing things with your friends. Also, you should hang around people or go places that inspire your writing.
TIPS FOR MAINTAINING BALANCE!
1. Exercise frequently
2. Take breaks
3. Spend time with family
4. Find a quiet and relaxing place to write
5. Prioritize the major events
6. Learn to say no
7. Learn that success takes time
8. Become a lifelong learner
9. Study your craft
10. Pace yourself
11. Don’t damage your brand
12. Take refresher writing courses
13. Develop a healthy diet
14. Join a writing group
15. Have balance in your home
16. Don’t let stress build up
17. Relax and rest
18. Work on you
It’s impossible to help others when you’re not able to help yourself. Therefore, put the following tips into practice and start this new journey filled with balance and healthy life choices.